My beloved Aniki alerted me to the fact that the giardia parasite has been found in Oslo tapwater, and people are advised to boil the water before drinking. So, like everyone else, I'm off to hoard bottled water.
New motivation to go to work: the water cooler.
Aniki also said that the parasite dies at 80°C and can't survive for more than 10 minutes at 70°C, so there's no need to boil the water for three minutes as the authorities say. I don't know where he got that information from, though. I hope he's right, for the sake of my tea - it'd be way too expensive to boil bottled water. Some sources say coffee makers don't get hot enough to kill it - isn't coffee supposed to be 90°C?
All the more reason to drink beer.